Tuesday, May 05, 2015

MEET THE MILWAUKEE COUNTY SHERIFF

MEET THE MILWAUKEE COUNTY SHERIFF David A. Clarke Jr.
Meet Sheriff David Clarke in 'David Clarke Speaks'

Born and raised in the City of Milwaukee, I played on the championship varsity basketball team at Marquette University High School. I went on to earn a degree in Criminal Justice Management from Concordia University Wisconsin, graduating summa cum laude. As part of my ongoing educational studies, I also graduated from the prestigious FBI National Academy and the National Executive Institute in Quantico, Virginia.

Over the past three-and-a-half decades, my career in law enforcement has spanned multiple assignments. My journey of service began with the Milwaukee Police Department in 1978, where I helped protect the city for 11 years as a patrol officer on the streets. After promotion to Detective in 1989, I was assigned to the Homicide Division, investigating close to 100 homicides a year as part of a team and making arrests in over 80% of cases.

My leadership was recognized again in 1992, with a promotion to Lieutenant of Detectives, and in 1996, when I was promoted to the rank of Captain of Police, with assignments as Commander of the Crimes Against Property Division, the department’s First District (downtown), and the Intelligence Division.

In 2002, I won my first election as Sheriff with a margin of 64%. In 2006, I garnered 73% of the vote, proceeding to win 74% in 2010.

The fight has always been in the primary election as it tends to be hyper-partisan.
Like me, most people question why the Office of Sheriff is a partisan election. I have never asked a person to vote for me because I run as a Democrat. I ask them to vote for me based on my 35-year commitment to keeping citizens safe. Most voters get it when it comes to public safety. There is no Democrat or Republican way to be a sheriff. The enemy is not the opposing party; the enemy is the criminal.

South Milwaukee National Night OutSheriff David Clarke doing literal outreach
The line between security and privacy is as thin as it is sharp. Early in 2013, I received an M.A. in Security Studies from the Naval Postgraduate School, Center for Homeland Defense and Security, completing my thesis on domestic intelligence operations and protecting privacy and civil liberties. The co-existence of freedom and safety may be the greatest challenge any leader will face, yet the balance is attainable. As an elected officer, I’ve devoted my entire life to finding and implementing this balance.

I firmly believe law-abiding American citizens do not deserve to be treated as random statistics. The Milwaukee Sheriff’s web page features an electronic Citizen Complaint Form where an officer from Internal Affairs will contact you to ensure those in authority are held accountable. The form reads, “Your input is a valuable tool that we use in order to provide the exceptional service that you – the taxpayer – pay for and should expect.”

My wife Julie and I continue to make our home in the City of Milwaukee.
______

Note: Here Author Kevin Cirilli gives our readers another perspective... See POLITICO.com 1/28/13

SHERIFF DAVID CLARKE JR (EXCERPT): "Skip 911, Defend Yourself!"


Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke Jr. said on Monday, in a radio ad, in which he urges residents to take a safety course in firearms because "calling 911..and waiting is no longer your best option."

Clarke Doubled Down On CNN's "Starting Point" saying that "there are certain instances where calling police would be of no use."

"There are certain situations -- and I think most people would get that -- For instance, once the wolf is at the door, once the intruder is in your home... once your on the street and someone sticks a gun in your face to take your car or your wallet, you don't have the option of calling 911," Clarke said.

"You can beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back; but are you prepared? Consider taking a certified safety course in handling a firearm... so you can defend yourself until we get there. You have a duty to protect yourself, and your family. We Are Partners Now; Can I Count On You?"
___ ___


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This guy ought to be mayor of a

large city. He'd straighten out

Chicago! - Gazelle, from Buckeye
__________________________

SNAKE HUNTERS said...

Great Idea, Gazelle! A New Mayor,
or a decent Illinois Governor!
However, it's a 24/7 Commitment
to root out these sleaze-balls.

If It Were Possible, I'd like to
see two great Homicide Captains
... like David Clarke Jr. and
Miami, Florida's Marshall Frank
standing shoulder to shoulder, to
fracture the corrupt political
Single-Party DEMOCRAT Machine
that's been in place for many
undeniably corrupt decades.
>>
Under Mayor Daley Power-Politics,
we've witnessed clever slumlords
like Antoin "Tony" Resko and
Valerie Jarrett, Pious-Poopers
like the Reverend Jeremiah
Wright and his pal "Nation of
Islam" leader, Reverend Louie
Farrakhan ... Plus the Weather-
Underground admitted terrorist
bombers, Bill Ayers and
Bernadine Dohrne.

The bottom line: Tony Resko went
to prison for ten years...
And slick Valerie Jarrett went to
the Oval Office as Barry
Obama'a "Senior Advisor"!

>>

For more on Val Jarrett... see
Dr. Paul Kengor's "Letting Obama
Be Obama" in S/H Archives...
January 01, 2012
___ ___

Anonymous said...

Print, Then Forward This Post To

The Alert Folks You Care About.
_______________________________